**Work shift: Sunday-Thursday or Monday-Friday 9am to 6pm**
The Intake Technician is responsible for the receipt and tracking of incoming electronic and physical media from external clients. This position also converts data as required, generates reports, and prepares data for loading into processing software. In addition, the Intake Specialist ensures the exemplary quality of the processed data while utilizing the resources effectively and ensuring requests and deadlines are either met or exceeded.
What You'll Do:
- Accurately log client media and project information; maintain related Chain of Custody.
- Generate media reports and conduct data extraction/restoration using forensic applications and methods; performing troubleshooting as needed.
- Use password cracking software and forensic tools to access and repair data as needed.
- Maintain a sense of urgency and proactively identify areas for improved efficiencies and quality
- Independently work on job requests from a queue as well as by assignment to ensure that jobs progress with minimal delay
- Effectively communicate job status and potential issues with Manager and provide detailed handoff instructions during shift/job turnover
- Perform thorough quality checks on client data and work product at multiple stages to ensure quality and eliminate rework
- Make recommendations for improved workflow, quality, internal documentation and processes to maximize system resources and efficiencies as applicable
- Contribute to positive working environment as team player who willing takes on additional challenges and helps drive issues to resolution
- Perform administrative duties relevant to project maintenance (billing, reporting, etc.)
What You'll Need:
- Able to work from Sunday-Thursday or Monday-Friday 9am to 6pm
- Knowledge of litigation support and eDiscovery software (eCapture, Nuix, etc) preferred
- 1-2 years minimum handling sensitive data, preferably in an electronic discovery environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to follow detailed technical specifications
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and readily adapt to changing requirements and priorities
- Ability to use critical thinking and technical troubleshooting skills to effectively identify solutions to non-standard requests and issue resolution
- Strong Microsoft Office skills and experience working in Windows and Mac OSX environments
- Computer forensics experience and relevant experience with industry tools such as EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, is highly preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Strong organization skills
- Sense of urgency and ability to multitask
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and processes
- Knowledge of computer forensics and experience with applications such as Encase and FTK, preferred
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred