Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager
The Lead Developer / Software Engineer Manager leads a team of software engineers to extend our groundbreaking Chat eDiscovery software which is flexible on pre-processing any kind of chat data for the further eDiscovery process. The goal of the software is to improve end-user's productivity, efficiency and reduce errors introduced in manual processes and workflows.
This is a hands-on leadership role, responsible for maintaining and extending the design and architecture as well as product development using Microsoft and open source technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Directly manage and lead senior, mid and junior developers. Must ensure they are successfully executing specified designs to the internal standards set for engineering product.
- Collaborate- and effectuate on standards and processes within the Engineering group in order to continuously improve their consistency, predictability, and efficiency of the overall product.
- Estimate and become accountable for the software development by actively managing risks and changing requirements.
- Follow and contribute to the continuous improvement of agile software development by actively managing risks and changing requirements.
- Follow and contribute to the constant improvement of agile software development processes and practices (SCRUM) to improve engineering efficiency to maximize resources and reduce expense.
- Responsible for designing software applications and processes from conception to completion, including the ability to effectively convey those designs to peers, management and customers.
- Hands on with development. Spend significant time coding and delivering product features.
- Specify non-functional software requirements and analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility within time and cost constraints.
- This is a management role
- Expected to manage 6 to 10 direct reports
- Experience in eDiscovery industry is required, knowledge of EDRM with focus on data collection, processing and review is essential, knowledge of Relativity/SDK is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of chat and collaboration software market, technologies and ecosystem, both corporate- and consumer-designed.
- Strong focus on process automation, auditability, transparency and traceability.
- 7+ years professional software development including expertise in:
- Application development using C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET, .NET Core and ASP.NET Core, unit and integration testing using NUnit or similar with focus on quality, flexibility, scalability and performance
- Application extensibility using .NET Framework Reflection, CLR loaders and application domains
- Database administration, design, query using Microsoft SQL Server (2008 R2 to 2017) as well as data migration, scalability and performance, expertise in NoSQL preferred
- ORM using Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core and ADO.NET
- Application security including prevention of common times of attacks such as SQL injection and XSS, Kerberos authorization/authentication in IIS, Microsoft SQL Server and Active Directory
- Software packaging and deployment using WiX or InstallShield
- Source code management using Git version-control system, including supporting processes such as GitFlow
- 3+ years leading engineering teams, including delegating, managing and prioritizing of work.
- Experience with Agile and scrum, including leadership in ceremonies and daily stand-ups, design of features and user stories in cooperation with product owner and stakeholders, tasking and estimations.
- Experience with quality assurance process design and execution, including integration, manual, regression, performance and UAT testing as well as test automation.
- Ability to responsively and actively support end users and clients either on site or remotely by providing custom scripts and reports, investigating and analyzing defects, reproducing them and providing hot-fixes and solutions.
- Experience with continuous integration processes and technologies.
- Proven ability to design, evangelize and lead large and complex projects.
- Ability to work cross functionally to negotiate and resolve conflicting situations and priorities.
- Ability to work lead a high performing team to shape engineering team charter.
- Citizenship: EU or Swiss passport holder or Swiss work permit
- English language required - German and/or Russian language is advantage