Forensics / Data Collections Manager
Forensics / Data Collections Director:
The Lighthouse Advisory Team features one of the country's foremost computer forensics investigations groups. We enjoy a strong reputation among our clients and across the industry, featuring a deep bench of seasoned expert witnesses and investigators at the ready to assist when troubles arise. We pride ourselves on our high retention rate, our dedication to individual career growth, and our group camaraderie. We are not vendors - we are trusted advisers. Come help us make a difference for our clients.
We are seeking to add a Forensics and Data Collection Director to our growing team. The candidate should possess extensive prior experience with eDiscovery data collections and forensic analysis projects. The successful candidate will deliver hands-on client project work, testify on findings as necessary, provide support to other team members in various investigation and expert witness projects and help us evolve our growing practice through various continuous improvement initiatives.
Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex support, production or operations team(s). Has accountability for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resources and operational challenges. Decisions and problem-solving are guided by policies, procedures and business plan. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
What You Will Do:
- Manage a team of forensic analysts, provide mentorship, and help ensure the delivery of quality work product
- Participate in critical group initiatives and contribute to our vision. Assist with recruiting, procurement, process development, and key projects
- Keep the group on budget and help ensure profitability
- Plan for and independently conduct forensic analysis as part of investigative / expert witness engagements (e.g. spoliation of evidence, misappropriation of trade secrets, employee malfeasance, etc).
- Independently develop tailored work plans based on the needs of investigations and the technology involved. Own engagements from start to finish
- Provide stellar written and oral testimony based on analysis findings
- Demonstrate leadership in our group by guiding support staff through execution of analysis, providing internal training, and serving as a sounding board to others on technical issues
- Serve as a final escalation point on technical and forensic issues of all shapes and sizes - the buck stops with you
- Build relationships with clients and attract repeat customers through excellent work product.
- Demonstrate mastery of forensics tools used to analyze client data, such as EnCase, BlackLight, Axiom and IEF
- Perform data acquisition/collection (performed onsite, in our offices, and remotely), in support of forensic investigations and electronic discovery matters. This will include a wide variety of data sources, such as endpoints, mobile devices, mail/archiving platforms, social media, enterprise collaboration platforms, etc.
- Ensure excellent client service and satisfaction on all Lighthouse engagements.
- A broad and deep knowledge of technology, including modern operating systems, email servers, file storage servers, and cloud storage providers
- Strong professional and leadership presence
- Ability to describe complex technical concepts / ideas in non-technical terms, to less technical audiences
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of customer service toward internal and external clients
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to balance many priorities and to work under pressure while remaining calm
- Ability to be a team player and to collaborate with various teams across the Company
- Willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and to rapidly changing requirements
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, 24/7 environment in order to meet deadlines
- Adherence to processes and procedures while remaining results-oriented and 'thinking outside the box'
- 8+ years of experience in Computer Forensics or Incident Response
- An established track record in the computer forensics industry and a history of testimony related to technology issues or experience personally litigating matters involving computer forensics
- Possess several IT security or forensic industry certifications such as CISSP, EnCE, CCE, or similar
- Previous legal experience or a JD is a plus
- Proficient in the use of EnCase or AccessData Forensic Toolkit or XWays or open-source forensic tools, as well as supplementary forensics tools (Cellebrite, Blacklight, IEF, etc.)
- Strong mastery of data collection, preservation, and chain of custody principles and procedures
- Understanding of file systems, various computer hardware, and computer networking concepts; particularly of legacy systems
- Strong Mac, Linux/UNIX, or other operating systems experience is a plus
- Programming, scripting, and/or database design experience preferred
- After hours and weekend work sometimes required
- Ability to travel (expected 20-35%)