Senior Project Manager
Lighthouse are looking to hire an experienced ediscovery project manager to join their high performing EMEA team based in central London.The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast moving ediscovery department in either a Law Firm, Service Provider, Consultancy or Government body. The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing ediscovery engagements for one or more clients and must have demonstrable experience working in a similar role.Sr. PMs are expected to facilitate Lighthouse’s goal of maintaining a high level of client satisfaction, to ensure client-facing error rates are kept below industry and Lighthouse standards, and to ensure delivery deadlines are consistently met. Success relies heavily on the ability to manage multiple tasks across multiple matters and clients at the direction of the pod’s Associate Director and/or Director, and to work effectively with leaders across operational teams.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain a deep understanding of eDiscovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Lighthouse workflows, critical paths needed to progress work through the system and tools used by Lighthouse to manage workflows.
- Manage directly or indirectly clients and projects assigned to the team and delegate key stakeholders to ensure proper project management tasks and workflows are complete including oversight and support to manage the workload queue.
- Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyse project requirements to effectively create and maintain project schedules which includes being able to define and understand project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks by departments, including queue management time, and associated resource requirements based upon the size of the queue.
- Delegate effectively to the team and ensure team members are working at optimal levels.
- Draft and manage or participate in project management tasks including SOW creation, kick-off call preparation and completion, and documentation of workflows, standards and project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction as needed.
- Participate in monthly billing reviews and forecasting meetings, at the direction of the pod’s Associate Director and/or Director.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as identified by the teams Associate Director and/or Director, the heads of the Project Management department and the company.
- Train and develop team members on workflows and ediscovery best practices.
Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Forensics, Computer Science or Law is desirable but not essential.
- Proficiency and ideally accreditation in Relativity and/ or Brainspace.
- Demonstrable project management skills ideally accredited to PRINCE 2 or equivalent.
- Exposure to several eDiscovery software applications such as Concordance, NUIX, IPRO eCapture, Ringtail, Recommind.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in an e-discovery environment.
- Strong understand of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated passion for driving process improvement, collaboration and innovation as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standards exist.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including having the ability to deal with difficult situations and manage conflicts to successful resolutions.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Must possess a commitment to excellence, a strong sense of urgency and dedication to client satisfaction and customer service.
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to manage and monitor engagement budgets.