The Solutions Architect’s (SA) is responsible for technical solution design and presentation as well as leading client development efforts. SAs are cross functional experts. They work with the Sales team by taking the lead in presenting solutions and helping close new relationships, while also partnering with the Implementation/Service Delivery teams on onboarding clients to new products and services.
SAs partner with the sales team in client meetings and presentations, RFP responses, qualifying opportunities, explaining ROI to our clients, showing Lighthouse solutions, and demoing products. They must understand the existing sales pipeline, where clients stand in the “client journey,” and how to move clients through the sales process. Solutions Architect also works closely with Lighthouse’s internal teams to become expert in Lighthouse’s services and to gather real-world “stories” about how Lighthouse solved challenges for its clients.
On the delivery side, SAs leads the onboarding of new relationships, transitioning technical requirements, and answering complex technical or substantive questions from the client. He or she must be a demonstrated expert in ediscovery processes and technologies in the following domains: collections, case initiation, data processing, search, technology assisted review, and production. This includes being able to design complex solutions with clients and Service Delivery teams, and being able to consult on workflows and their associated pitfalls. The SA must also understand and communicate expertly about a variety of issues including: common pain points for corporations/law firms, complex case studies, trends in the industry, advances in ediscovery technology, and best practices.
The SA is expected to be a trusted advisor to both corporate and law firm clients, answer complex inquiries, and help them build their ediscovery programs. It is becoming deeply familiar with a client, understanding their pain points, and then presenting how we can help solve those problems. The measure of a Solutions Architect’s success will be their technical expertise, ability to grow revenue with key clients, and how they deliver an excellent client onboarding experience. Internally, SAs are also responsible for helping with key department initiatives, continuing to grow their skill set, providing a cross-functional expert to the company, and collaborating with other departments.
What You'll Do:
The essential duties and responsibilities for Solution Architects are as follows:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Lighthouse services, technologies, and workflows; and serve as a Lighthouse expert to both internal and external clients
- Serve as Lighthouse’s technical expert regarding very complex/custom workflows for our clients, and coordinate with various departments to drive outside-the-box client projects.
- Develop and provide technical demonstrations of Lighthouse products and services and how these products and services have been used to deliver value for other clients (e.g. case studies)
- Lead solution design and presentation with prospective clients, RFPs, and general presentations
- Lead client onboarding initiatives, working sessions, and presentations
- Conduct technology demonstrations and case studies
- Design solutions with clients by consulting on workflows and their associated pitfalls
- Design workflows for clients that solves their pain points and still fits within Lighthouse’s framework
- Dive deep into cases to ensure full understanding and the right approach
- Translate client requests and needs to workable steps for various delivery teams
- Manage prospective clients through the sales and onboarding process
- Ramp existing clients by increasing market share, and utilization of Lighthouse produces and services
- Perform quarterly business reviews with key clients
- Provide customer feedback to the product and marketing teams; assist with development of future Lighthouse products
- Lead in creating customer deliverables including client playbooks, marketing materials, and responding to RFP/RFI’s
- Responsible for understanding client requirements for both case level and program level initiatives
- Demonstrate continuing education and market awareness
- Participate in client billing review and forecasting
- Ensure quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all aspects of client onboarding and service implementation
Evaluation criteria is based upon the Solution Architect being able to gain and execute on the following skills:
- Solution Design and Presentation: Closing new relationships and opportunities through expert technical knowledge, solution design, and presentation. Onboard clients to new products and services by implementing a plan that solves their needs around cost, risk, and technology.
- Client Development: Increasing revenue and product adoption from both new and existing clients. Successfully qualifying clients and opportunities, and prioritizes accordingly.
- Account Management: Becoming a trusted advisor to our clients, and presenting a client’s return on investment with Lighthouse.
What You'll Need:
- At least eight years of work experience with at least five years of ediscovery project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters or JD a plus)
- Technical certifications preferred (e.g. RCA).
- Technical expertise across the full scope of the EDRM including an understanding of technologies (e.g. EnCase, iPro, Nuix, Relativity, Brainspace)
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to communicate with people at various levels across organizations and to get complex technical points across in a simple manner
- Ability to problem solve and change course/re-plan when issues arise or situations without clear parameters
- Ability to scope and understand a client’s case and program level goals and needs; and develop a plan around them
- Ability to deliver detailed / complex information clearly
- Ability to assist Sales in proposals and presentation as well as upsell Lighthouse products
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload
- Delegate work to Client Services, Advisory Services, and other departments.
- Position will be able to work mostly remotely with approximately 50% travel