eDiscovery Project Manager (West Coast Remote or Seattle Office)
eDiscovery Project Manager
E-discovery experience required
The Project Manager (“PM”) works as a member of a project management team (“pod”) and collaborates with operational teams and external clients to design, implement and manage work associated with ediscovery matters and clients. This work is conducted at the direction of the pod’s Director, Associate Director(s), and Senior Project Manager(s).
Project Managers assist with the management of cases by driving work through various operational departments to meet litigation project requests. This includes creating work orders for tasks associated with data intake, culling, processing, hosting and production and completing quality checks to ensure the accuracy and completeness of work product before it is released to clients.
This role is responsible for developing project and client workflow standards, managing to a case or client annual budget, providing a consultative approach to problem solving, and identifying critical paths to completing projects with a focus on reducing costs, increasing speed of delivery and promoting the use of innovate technology to exceed client expectations.
PMs are expected to facilitate Lighthouse’s goal of maintaining a high level of client satisfaction, to ensure client facing error rates are kept below industry and Lighthouse standards, and to ensure delivery deadlines are consistently met. Success relies heavily on the ability to work effectively as a member of a team, to be flexible, and to manage multiple tasks across multiple cases at the direction of pod leaders
What You'll Do:
- Respond to client requests and provide consultation to clients to manage the scope, execution, and overall delivery of solutions that comply with industry best practices and Lighthouse standards
- Understand Lighthouse workflows, critical paths needed to progress work through the system, and tools used by Lighthouse to manage workflows
- Initiate work on behalf of clients by creating work orders for tasks associated with data processing, review, and production
- Conduct quality checks to ensure accuracy and completeness of job instructions and of final work product
- Communicate expectations for scope and deadlines to internal and external stakeholders
- Establish informed project schedules based on a solid understanding of project activities, sequences of events, dependencies, work effort, duration of tasks across departments, and associated resource requirements based upon the complexity of work and the size of the queue
- As requested, draft and manage or participate in project management tasks including SOW creation, kick-off call preparation and completion, and documentation of workflows, standards and project closure tasks such as final billing and data destruction
- Manage the pod’s work request queue and coordinate with internal teams to ensure established project deadlines are met
- Participate in process improvement initiatives as identified by pod leaders
- Maintain an understanding of e-discovery, market competitors and the tools used to support the industry
- This position has a billable target of 1,600 billable hours per year once training is completed (70% utilization based on 2,300 worked hours annually).
What You'll Need:
- At least four years of work experience with at least two years of e-discovery experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standards exist
- Effective written and oral communication skills, including having the ability to deal with difficult situations and manage conflicts to successful resolutions
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written or oral form
- Ability to work within timelines and budget parameters
- Ability to delegate tasks to appropriate inter-department team members
- Flexibility and adaptability to handle a changing and growing workload
- Ability to foster positive and professional relationships at all levels internally and externally
- Masters or JD a plus
This position reports to and takes work direction from an Associate Director and/or Director. This position does not have any direct reports.
Lighthouse participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from your Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Social Security Administration (SSA), and Department of State (DOS) records to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. Though participation in E-Verify is required of some employers, most employers participate voluntarily.