Lifetouch 2019 Summer Internship
Product Marketing: School Photography and Yearbooks
We are seeking an motivated students with exceptional academic records to participate in our top-of-the-line internship program.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business. Respect, integrity, teamwork, and passion are at the core of what we do.
An internship at Lifetouch provides a challenging and rewarding on-the-job experience in a highly collaborative work environment. We have multiple internship positions available, and welcome applicants to articulate in a cover letter which area best aligns with their skill set and interests.
- A formal mentor in your area of focus
- Business-critical projects
- Exposure to senior leadership
- Great networking opportunities
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to new product development activities including research, project management and field communication
- Track industry trends, research competitors, and analyze pricing/packaging combinations.
- School Communication and Product Marketing (Business to Business)
- Assist in developing and organizing content and sales collateral to aid the field organization in sharing key value messages to schools and the educational community; including traditional, digital and social media channels
- Work under a mentor relationship with marketing professionals at all levels to gain direct and relevant experience in the following areas: Marketing skills, general business knowledge and personal/professional development skills.
- Connect with and learn from cross-functional business partners to clarify program intent, identify problems and suggest changes. Gain an understanding of these functions and how they interact with the marketing function from an overall business perspective.
- Prepare a project/business plan related to a specific subject matter; create and deliver a presentation using various media to both the marketing and business leadership teams. Specific subject will be determined in collaboration with your mentor.
- Evaluate importance and relevance of existing products and services and make recommendations for continued support and/or identify opportunities for future investment.
- Conduct interviews with stakeholder groups, including the field organization, school representatives and internal audiences in order to assess opportunities for product and service improvements.
- Junior or senior year student enrolled in a related field of study in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program
- Effective information processing & comprehension abilities
- Creative visualization, critical thinking, strategic reasoning skills
- Ability to collaborate and perform as a member of a team
- Time-management skills and ability to learn quickly
- Capacity to work under pressure while maintaining high-quality standards
- Demonstrated commitment to development of superior communication skills (written, interpersonal and presentation)
- Experience with Microsoft program and Google-based systems
- Previous internship experience preferred
Employment Dates: June- August 2019
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org