Sr. Leasing Accountant
This role is part of the corporate accounting team that oversees, manages, and performs accounting for all of the company’s leases. This area performs the administration and accounting for real estate, equipment, auto leases throughout the United States and Canada.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters new leases into the company lease administration system.
- Maintains and updates lease accounting system for changes to leases
- Interacts with business operations to ensure all lease changes are communicated and managed by the lease accounting team
- Interacts with the Legal Department, Business Operations, and the Technical Accounting Group to ensure that all lease contracts are identified and included in the company’s lease population.
- Supports the Technical Accounting group with Form 10-Q and 10-K lease accounting disclosure, and the Tax department with lease information needed for tax accounting.
- Reviews lease invoice coding for propriety.
- Reconciles general ledger lease accounts for all operating divisions.
- Assists the lease accounting manager in reviewing monthly journal entries for propriety.
- Ensures that internal controls over the leasing process are maintained.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance concentration or equivalent experience
- CPA preferred
- 5-8 years performing accounting and financial analysis
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Highly detailed oriented
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Strong analytical, interpersonal
- Strong integrity and business ethics
- Strong Microsoft skills; specifically, Excel