Systems Software Engineer III (Java)
Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Company has a key opportunity available for a Systems Software Engineer III. We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team of talented and highly dedicated IT professionals. If you are passionate about problem-solving and innovation, this is an excellent career opportunity for you.
The Systems Software Engineer programs new applications and modifies existing computer information systems including business applications and web solutions. This role is engaged throughout the application development lifecycle, providing technical expertise, to analyze, design, develop and test applications, ensuring business requirements are met.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Codes, tests, and debugs programs, ensuring business requirements are met and documentation is created and
- Designs database architecture to integrate applications.
- Troubleshoots and quickly solves problems, as well as fixes reported defects to ensure proper functionality.
- Leverages and builds technology knowledge to act as a subject matter expert.
- Ensures compliance with development standards.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates on and supports the creation of application architecture.
- Provides technical support for business systems in response to outages.
- Acts as liaison, between IT functional unit and cross-functional project teams and participates as project team member.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent related experience.
- 5-8 years in Java software development, developing and designing applications.
- Designing architectures to meet requirements utilizing technologies across application tiers:
- API use and development (e.g., REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Relational database (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, no-SQL databases), preferred
- AWS Cloud Services & Developer Tools
- Web Servers (e.g., Tomcat, Apache, Glassfish), strongly preferred.
- Working in a cross-functional environment.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Java programming (e.g., threading, I/O optimization, OOD).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of programmatic image manipulation (e.g., JavaFX, Intel image libraries).
- Knowledge and use of technology stack: Java, Git, Maven.
- Strong technical knowledge of the business specific functional/operational areas and IT technologies involved
- Solid understanding of SOA.
- Ability to design, prototype and assess architecture solutions.
- Knowledge of data privacy issues and laws.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and challenges.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative.