At Shutterfly, Inc., our purpose is to help share life’s joy as the leading retailer and manufacturing platform for personalized products and communications. Founded in 1999, Shutterfly, Inc. has three divisions: Shutterfly Consumer, Lifetouch, and Shutterfly Business Solutions. Shutterfly Consumer and Lifetouch help consumers capture, preserve, and share life’s important moments through professional and personal photography, and personalized products.
- Operate and maintain equipment including but not limited to digital presses and / or bindery equipment (HP Indigo, Xerox iGen, Laser Max, UV Coaters, etc.)
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance including troubleshooting problems to maintain quality standards and to keep equipment in running condition - request maintenance as required.
- Ensure labor is used efficiently
- Ability to keep good records
- Ensure product meets the quality standards
- Maintain safety and OSHA standards
- Responsible for cleanliness of area and maintaining 5S standards
- Drive continuous improvement
- Any other project as assigned by supervision or management
- Able to operate and maintain Press and or Bindery equipment.
- Must have hard work ethic, ability to learn quickly, and common sense.
- Able to work independently on projects and collaborate as a strong member
- Communicate effectively with supervision, tech support, and other associates
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible and adaptable to change
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Computer knowledge including Microsoft Office programs and email preferred
- Strong interpersonal/communication and analytical skills
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds
1st - Mon-Thurs. 5 am - 5 pm
2nd - Mon-Thurs. 5 pm - 5 am
3rd - Thurs-Sun. 5 am - 5 pm
Hours may vary during peak seasons, flexibility to work various shifts &/or weekends as needed is required
- High school or vocational/technical school diploma or certificate.
- Additional courses in print production, operations, or similar functional areas preferred
- Courses in chemistry, electronics, and color theory are desired.
- Background and experience in conventional offset operation, preferably in color printing.
- An understanding of prepress functions.
- Experience in operating mechanical/electromechanical equipment.
- Experience in basic computer operations
- Competitive hourly pay and overtime during peak production
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Up to $2,500 in free Shutterfly merchandise and huge discounts
- Casual and relaxed attire
- On-site amenities and modern work environment