Production Associate 1st and 2nd shifts
Responsible for providing non-exempt, entry level support to the production process functions. 1st and 2nd shift seasonal positions available. 2nd shift positions are paid a 2nd shift premium.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and open customer orders and enter customer information into business systems by keying and scanning.
- Verify that customer images match accompanying paperwork; correct discrepancies.
- Enhance images by retouching, editing, color correction using various internal and external software applications; using appropriate judgment and decision-making; meeting quality and productivity standards.
- Enhance and produce products using various printing methods and equipment via mechanical processes.
- Inspect final product for quality defects and accuracy. Complete assembly by boxing and adding accessories.
- Expedite packages to maintain shipping service times are met via hand pack or operating a packing machine.
- Complete final shipment preparation using various vendors and methods.
- Use basic judgment, decision-making, problem identification, problem solving and standard work to meet individual and team quality and productivity standards within the production environment.
- Use safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting and driving techniques and adheres to all safety rules and guidelines.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Alpha numeric & 10-key keyboard experience.
- Experience with computers.
- Basic experience with machine operation.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
Qualifications may vary by Value Stream/Firm to include:
- Basic computer skills to include keyboarding. May need to be at rate of 8,000 kph.
- Must possess English language skills (speak, read, write).
- Effective communication skills.
- Basic problem solving skills and willingness to share ideas for improving the work.
- Demonstrated ability to see color. May need to pass standardized color test.
- Ability to use image enhancement software.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds following ergonomic standards.
- Ability to work at the appropriate pace within the production team.
- Ability to adapt to various situations, tasks and people.
- Ability to adapt to continuous change with motivation and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a dark environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and/or knowledge of the production environment.