This is an exciting time for Lifetouch and Shutterfly. In this position you will be an integral part of design and delivery of network operations for the Lifetouch/Shutterfly network.
The Network Operations Engineer will participate in network design, implementation and execute network changes. They will manage, monitor and support network incidents. The main responsibility of the network operations engineer is to maintain network availability. Accountable for firewalls, routers, load balancers and switching. In the course of maintaining these systems, network technicians are expected to perform tasks such as code upgrades, patch application, firmware upgrades, hardware upgrades, RMA replacements, maintain monitoring services and respond to alerts. Other duties include providing network application support, NetFlow troubleshooting and packet analysis. As a Network Engineer, you will be a key participant in network design, configuration, operations and much more. You will have the opportunity to grow in enterprise and cloud networking technologies.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Responsibility for hardware maintenance and maintaining uptime
- Network application support for Business Units
- Troubleshoot, resolve network issues and exhibit urgency when responding to incidents
- Maintain and accept ownership of assigned Service Now tickets
- Ability to contribute to projects
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Manage baselines that align with network engineering and best practices across our network technologies
- Implement changes to network infrastructure following our change control process
- Proactively identify risks and issues in the network
- Analyze existing network devices configuration, suggest improvements and execute changes
- Work with application teams to support network services
- Bachelor’s degree related to Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience with LAN/WAN, switching, routing, VPN, load balancing, wireless and other standard network technologies in a high-volume ecommerce or enterprise environment
- Hands-on experience with multiple networking technologies including Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, Citrix, Vmware, F5, Wireless (WLC or Meraki)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, solid TCP/IP & BGP knowledge
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Passion to make a difference to the business and protect our brand
- Must be well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude
- Proven communication skills, the ability present information clearly and concisely to team members and management.