Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a Buyer. This role will provide mid-level professional support for the implementation, management, and evaluation of all phases of the sourcing program or plan for a Lifetouch Company or segment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- This position will consist of 75% planning and 25% buying responsibilities
- Handles moderately complex responsibilities associated with the sourcing and planning function
- Lead the demand planning activity for assigned product lines and associated materials including interpreting and converting S&OP information into sku level plans
- Perform plan vs actual analysis throughout the season to ensure material plan validity
- Secure bids, analyzes pricing and procures production materials
- Execute and maintain accuracy of MRP with timely creation and alignment of PO’s and shop orders to satisfy customer demand, achieve desired stocking levels and maintain flow of work
- Review and maintain MRP integrity by evaluating forecast data, Bill of Materials accuracy and ensure safety stock or strategic inventory levels are maintained
- Tracks progression of PO’S, production orders, requisitions, capacity, schedules and rates, investigate factors that affect schedules, modify plans and apply required resources as necessary
- Communicate and coordinate frequently and proactively with production supervisors, Engineers, internal business partners and purchasing teams to ensure schedule adherence to meet or exceed customer expectations and establish effective relationships.
- Perform planning functions to achieve timely and successful launch of new products and participate on new product development teams
- Expedites orders to meet production needs and inform management of potential problems and assist in implementation of short and long term solutions.
- Ensure supplier/commodity profiles are up to date and report spend under management for assigned areas in accordance with divisional supply chain standards
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business
2 to 5 years in a supply chain, production planning or operations in mfg. setting
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities): APICS or ISM coursework, CPIM Certification preferred