Sr. Manager, Advanced Analytics
Lifetouch Inc, a Shutterfly Inc, company has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Manager, Advanced Analytics to join our team.
The primary role will be to lead and work on high-impact business and marketing opportunities, and develop innovative solutions through data analysis, predictive modeling, and advanced analytics techniques. The role will help shape strategic marketing direction and work to guide optimal performance across all business units. The candidate should have a combination of excellent analytic skills, strong business acumen, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The Sr. Manager - Advanced Analytics will provide analytical guidance to cross functional teams on marketing tests, statistical approaches, forecasting, machine learning, and optimization techniques. This individual will establish a regular review process for guidance on marketing tests including accuracy in approach, sampling volumes and statistical significance.
Lifetouch; a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coaches, manages, and leads internal team members on analytics best practices.
- Performs statistical data analysis on large data sets, resulting in impactful insights and outcomes.
- Leads marketing test initiatives.
- Develops analytic solutions based on multivariate statistics, including regression based modeling, various predictive modeling tools, descriptive statistical techniques, and statistical diagnostic techniques (significance testing, model fit, etc.).
- Creates models, monitors results, and develops and executes hypotheses for improving models.
- Creates advanced analytics strategies to lead initiatives, processes and further capabilities.
- Evaluates pricing scenarios and builds predictive models for consumer growth and account retention.
- Develops creative and innovative analytical solutions for problem solving.
- Communicates insights from analysis to multiple teams throughout organization & provides recommendations on all aspects of analytics. Prepares written analysis and presents findings and recommendations to key business leaders throughout the organization.
- Collaborates to implement projects, complete tasks, and fulfill plans to ensure timely and efficient analysis, modeling, evaluation and reporting.
- Collaborates with Product Marketing, Pricing, Sales, and Operations to develop and execute analytic outputs.
- Identifies actionable insights, suggests recommendations, and influences the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to marketing and cross functional groups.
- Develops tools utilized across the analyst pool and drive adoption, training and build future analytics capabilities.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to share & present complex analytical concepts in a consumable format to C-level executives.
- Ability to provide a Lifetouch & Shutterfly Inc. level perspective across analytical outputs.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Math, Business Management, Marketing, Finance or related field strongly preferred
- 8 or more years of quantitative analytical, conceptual and problem-solving experience
- 3 or more years of management experience
- 2 or more years of hands-on statistical modeling experience in a retail environment
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Experience managing and working in a team-oriented, collaborative and cross-functional setting
- Attention to detail and time management to deliver high quality work for multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ability to draw conclusions/insights and translate those findings to develop recommendations for leadership action
- Proven track record of delivering exception results over an extended period of time
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong learning capability to adapt to ever changing technologies and techniques
- Strong statistical background
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to make decisions and work independently
- Understanding and experience with retail and production business analysis and processes
- Prior experience with several different tools including SQL, R, Open Refine, AWS, Redshift, Oracle and Python
- Prior experience with several different skills and techniques in each of the following areas: basic statistics, descriptive and predictive data mining, machine learning, simulation, grouping and optimization