The Area Manager oversees and directs day-to-day operations, through Photography Supervisors, in support of business objectives to profitably grow the business and retain accounts. This role plans and leads Picture Day execution including staffing, photographic quality, equipment, productivity, and training, within an assigned area to meet or exceed performance expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and manages Picture Day processes performed by the team to meet or exceed company and host expectations while ensuring professional and timely service.
- Sets expectations and establishes team goals in alignment with business objectives and identifies opportunities to improve individual photographer and team performance through operational efficiencies and key performance metrics.
- Leads and drives the execution of company defined processes and procedures to ensure consistency and quality.
- Analyzes and monitors area performance (photography quality, sales average, participation, host satisfaction, etc.), implements improvement plans and hold team accountable for performance.
- Ensures Photography Supervisors build and maintain a high performing team (e.g., staffing, retention, recognition) that result in the achievement business results.
- Communicates clearly and accurately to ensure alignment, enable change, and drive consistent execution.
- Monitors budget (e.g., labor) to manage profitability.
- Partners with office operations team to align Photographer schedules based on account needs to maximize Picture Day performance.
- Manages and leads a team (2 or more full-time equivalents), including providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance feedback, giving recognition and communicating effectively.
- Monitors and evaluates individual and team performance.
- Employs techniques to build teamwork in support of business needs to drive results.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the maintenance, inventory, and assignment of photography equipment.
- Partners with other Area Managers to execute consistent photographer incentive and advancement programs; works closely with Photography Supervisors to implement improvement plans for photographers.
- Perform other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, or related field, or equivalent related experience.
- 5 - 8 years photography, operations, retail operations or related work.
- 3 + years managing and leading direct reports, including multi-unit/remote management.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Knowledge of current Preschool programs, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel.
- Working and demonstrated knowledge of effective training practices and approaches.
- Strong communication skills (including presentation skills).
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative.
- Possess a valid U.S. driver’s license and full use of dependable, insured automobile to travel assigned area.
- Must be able to travel regularly within assigned market, including overnight stays to meet business needs.