Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a Photographer Manager to join our team.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Manages the photography team and supervises the maintenance, repair, and inventory of territory photographic equipment so as to support the territory efforts to retain and profitably grow the business.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruits, interviews and hires photographers.
- Provides training to new photographers.
- Establishes photographers’ schedules.
- Supervises, coaches and develops photographers.
- Conducts performance reviews on photographers.
- Manages day-to-day performance of photographers to include recognition and disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Coordinates and conducts regular photographer team meetings to provide motivation and information on new and existing photography programs and equipment.
- Provides training to territory employees on new photography programs and equipment.
- Supervises the selection and assembly of photography equipment according to subject material, anticipated conditions, and knowledge of function and limitations of various types of cameras, lenses, films, and accessories.
- Oversees the inventory, maintenance and repair of all photographic equipment and accessories.
- Serves as the primary contact with school administration to verify location set up and to notify the school administration that photographers are on-site on picture day.
- Services assigned accounts by providing photography services to a school during busy season.
- Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management or a related field preferred; proven supervisory or management experience; or equivalent combination of education and training.
- Proven photographer experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Full use of dependable, insured automobile