Sr. Manager Supply Chain & Operations
This position manages all aspects of purchasing, production materials, planning, inventory, shipping and receiving; designs and executes strategies and plans to meet the company’s short-term and long-term supply chain management and operations requirements.
- Provide leadership and direction to Canadian Supply Chain Department staff - performance management (coaching, feedback, appraisal, training, development) staffing, employee relations.
- Forecasting of required materials and services - historical analysis of materials usage; determination of required product or usage changes; consultation with effected business partners regarding requirements.
- Purchase of both inventoried and non inventoried materials: determination of required materials and appropriate vendor and development and continuation of strong vendor relationships;
- Purchase of applicable services; i.e., shipping services, customs brokerage, cleaning, etc. Determination of required services and appropriate vendor and assist with the development of alternative methods of handling service-related items;
- Ensure that inventory investment and losses are at a minimum: Determine appropriate purchase quantities relative to anticipated usage; determine appropriate packaging and storing requirements; on-going analysis of potential obsolete materials;
- Sourcing of required products and services considering input from applicable business partners. Coordinate sourcing with enterprise-wide Supply Chain personnel;
- Determination of both operational and capital expenditure distribution to ensure an accurate match to budget: distribution coding of purchase orders or invoices for matching purposes; ongoing analysis of all purchases to ensure specific budget limits are met; communication with Lifetouch Canada Controller regarding variances.
- Support of organizational Property Lease requirements, including direct communication with field management regarding negotiation process. Maintenance of records and documents along with Winnipeg based finance personnel
- Management of programs supporting operational requirements, ie. wireless, long distance, document management, vehicle lease program, etc.
- Assist with the determination of shipping policies and procedures: specific requirements of products shipped relative to market requirements; report potential options of cost vs. time.
- In concert with the Lifetouch US Transportation team, maintain and administer customs compliance programs.
- Responsibility for MIS Manager including all school commission calculations, systems ad hoc reports and systems maintenance (here and the lab).
- Responsible for acquisition integration including acquisition cold calls, development of operations details and integration into Lifetouch Canada Inc.
- Manufacturing contact for ICON. Integration into Lifetouch Canada once credentials at the camera capabilities are established.
- Other related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, or related
- Enrolment in or completion of SCMP Program preferred
- Minimum of five years of management experience in the area of Supply Chain
- Proficient with use of functionally relevant computerized systems: ERP, MRP, Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods Requirements, WHMIS and proper lifting techniques as they apply to Human Resources under the supervision of incumbent
- Strong, well developed negotiation skills
- Exceptional ability to influence
- Well developed communication skills
- Good analytical skills for problem solving