Java Application Architect
We are seeking a Java Application Architect to join our our team of committed IT professionals. Are you passionate about problem-solving and innovation? Apply today and join the Lifetouch team!
Shutterfly, LLC is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced , collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
- Provide application architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Technical Analysts, Application Engineers, Senior Database analysts and other Systems Architects.
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex systems development and gain buy-in for all infrastructure plans.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior members of the technical team.
- Provide hands on coding between 30% - 50% depending on the size of the project.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of assigned domain architecture, hardware and network infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in application infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Overall technical implementation and quality of assigned projects and technical domain.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business Administration.
- Minimum of eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience building high quality applications by creating a well designed architecture, writing clean code and implementing common industry practices (e.g. continuous integration, unit tests).
- Ability to mentor and lead other technical team members without having direct supervision responsibility.
- A background successfully delivering applications using agile methods and collaborating with non-technical team members including quality assurance, business analysts, and project managers.
- Application development experience with common libraries such as Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, Spock, Gradle, and Apache Maven.
- Knowledge of creating single page applications using a framework such as Angular or ExtJS is preferred.
- Experience creating RESTful web services is highly desired.
- Load and performance testing experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following technologies and libraries is a plus: Spring Boot, Grails, NodeJS, and Amazon Web Services.
Job Type: Full-time
- Computer Science: 8 years
- Java, Spring, JUnit, Log4j, Gradle: 8 years
- Application Development: 8 years