This is a 10 month full-time recurring term position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Territory and/or Territory Manager in identifying and selecting potential candidates for Photographers, and Photographer Assistants.
- Interviews potential photographers
- Assists and/or facilitates training to new photographers.
- Assists with the supervision, coaching and developing of photographers.
- Attends regular photography meetings and ensures assigned photographers
understandthe meeting content.
- Provides leadership and guidance to assigned photographers by supervising the quality of the
photographyimages and the customers’ photography experience.
- Assists with and conducts regular one on one meetings with the assigned photographers (minimum of one a week) to review photographer’s photo quality using the 8 elements of portrait photography (i.e. posture, facial view, lighting, framing, eye direction, grooming, expression, technical aspects, etc.) This includes printing and grading random sampling of images, reviewing them with photographers on an ongoing basis, and creating quality improvement plans for photographer development.
- Responds effectively to difficult photography situations that arise at the schools/studio and provides appropriate guidance to photographers. May be responsible for overseeing the coordination of the overall photography experience at the school/studio.
- Promotes a positive work environment (office and schools) by motivating photographers and implementing retention strategies that will maintain or improve employee satisfaction and engagement. Promotes the WOW! Photography experience.
- Promotes open communication among photography and sales staff to ensure photographers are prepared for upcoming jobs (i.e. relevant school-specific details, supplies, paperwork, etc.)
- Supervises the selection and assembly of photography equipment according to subject material, anticipated conditions, and knowledge of function and limitations of various types of cameras, lenses, films, and accessories.
- Ensures the accuracy of paperwork and equipment during the photography job check-in and check-out processes
- Lead and/or assists the Territory Manager in managing the maintenance, inventory, and assignment of photography equipment.
- Provides assistance/guidance to ensure contact with school administration has occurred to verify location set up and to notify the school administration that photographers are on-site on picture day.
- Services assigned accounts by providing photography services to a school during
- Be available to photograph while adhering to photographer responsibilities.
- Consistently capture high-quality photographs consistent with Lifetouch photography skills
- Represents Lifetouch in a professional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and territory policies and displays professionalism even in difficult situations.
- Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modelling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Uses safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting and driving techniques and adheres to all safety rules and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 3-4 years of related photography experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong leadership skills
• Advanced knowledge of photography equipment (i.e. cameras, lighting affects, tripods, light stands, light meters, backdrops, etc.)
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively to all age groups.
• Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays
• Full use of dependable, insured automobile
Posting closes at 4:30 pm CST Tuesday, November 5, 2019.