Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking a Software Engineer Lead to join our team of committed IT professionals. Are you passionate about problem-solving and innovation? Apply today and join the Lifetouch family!
Lifetouch Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced , collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
- Provide hands on coding between 60-80% depending on the size of the project.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of assigned domain architecture, hardware and network infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Overall technical implementation and quality of assigned projects and technical domain.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements. Building strong relationships; collaborating and influencing others within IT and across the organization.
- Improve overall development and deployment process, including Continuous Integration and Business-Driven Development.
- Lead, refine and ensure application development processes are in alignment with the goals of Application Architecture, Quality Assurance and Change Management.
- Mentor other team members, complete software development duties, assist in technical designs, unit testing and code reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience building high quality applications writing clean code and implementing common industry practices (e.g. continuous integration, unit tests).
- Ability to mentor and lead other technical team members (4-6 software engineers) without having direct supervision responsibility.
- A background successfully delivering applications using agile methods and collaborating with non-technical team members including quality assurance, business analysts, and project managers.
- Application development experience with common libraries such as Spring, Hibernate, JUnit, Spock, Gradle, and Apache Maven.
- Knowledge of creating single page applications using a framework such as Angular or ExtJS.
- Experience creating RESTful web services.
- Experience with integration such as Bamboo.
- Load and performance testing experience.
- Full stack developer is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following technologies and libraries is a plus: Spring Boot, Grails, NodeJS, and Amazon Web Services.
Education Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or Business Administration.
Job Type Full-time
- Computer Science: 8 years
- Java, Spring, JUnit, Log4j, Gradle: 8 years
- Application Development: 8 years