LCD Production Lead
Group Lead – Lab
(PCS Production Lead)
Lifetouch Church Directories and Portraits, Inc.
Provide direction to staff to ensure effective and efficient performance. Assist Supervisor in providing leadership to areas assigned, overseeing personnel and production of quality work produced on time within departmental standards. Achieve a high level of employee efficiency and morale through leadership and the use of sound leadership and interpersonal skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning day to day direction of workflow; assigning work to departmental personnel
- Keep Production Supervisor informed of work load and disruptions that adversely affect production goals.
- Handle more complex issues as they arise
- Train, coach and develop team members
- Interpret and explain Work Instructions; answer related questions as they arise; provide feedback on job technique
- Review time sheets or data collection of time and production; establish and maintain individual’s schedules.
- Assist in compilation of weekly reports; maintain records necessary to control costs and schedules.
- Assist in preparation of performance evaluations or reviews, and disciplinary actions.
- Keep abreast of new methods, processes and procedures in order to keep department up-to-date. Develop new or better methods for increased productivity.
- Work with other departments to ensure most efficient inter-departmental workflow.
- Procure department supplies and equipment repairs; Ensure that equipment is in good condition by performing preventative maintenance
- Support and model company policies and directives.
- Establish effective workflow and procedures within department.
- Perform department duties as required.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Graphics Design or related field, a plus
- 1 - 2 years related job experience w/minimum 1 year experience leading work groups
- Ability/experience using Wacon Tablet
- Ability to successfully pass Lifetouch Color test
- With Q-Lab process flow and PBS software
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Basic mechanical aptitude as required in departmental function
- Intermediate to Advanced computer experience
- Previous leadership skills
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and persistence
- Results oriented
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Visually view computer monitor
- Ability to see color
- Ability to retain multi tasking processes
- Ability to problem solve