Office Assistant (Seasonal)
Now Hiring: Office Assistant – Part Time/Seasonal
Location: Ottawa, ON, Canada
Position Summary: Performs clerical duties to ensure smooth territory operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answers telephone and greets visitors, ascertains the nature of business, and provides information and/or routes call to appropriate territory employee.
- Maintains accurate and complete filing systems.
- Provides clerical support necessary for territory including typing, filing, order supplies, photocopying, and opening and distributing mail.
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- Ensures office equipment is kept in working order.
- Uses safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting and driving techniques and adheres to all safety rules and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned, including helping photographers on picture day.
Minimum General Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional post high school education and/or office training preferred.
- Proven computer skills including using spreadsheet applications, and word processing.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Superior phone and customer service skills.
- High level of accuracy – detail oriented.
30 hours/week Monday - Friday $15.50/hourly wage.
Starting immediately until May 1, 2020 with possibility of extension.