Marketing Specialist II
This role will focus on driving awareness, engagement and loyalty across our core product lines, including: Fall Picture Day, Spring Picture Day, Prestige and Yearbooks for K-12 customers. You’ll contribute to optimizing the customer experience and oversee our customer journey, brand execution, and omnichannel communication strategy in each of these product lines offering exposure and oversight to print, email, SMS and social content strategy and planning.
This role requires close partnership with cross-functional teams responsible for building and executing strategic go-to-market plans across each of these core product lines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Executes marketing plan with some direction from marketing manager or director to support the growth of the business.
- Implements a test and learn culture with a nimble approach to marketing processes.
- Works with cross-functional partners to determine, document and communicate seasonal product line customer experience and communication strategies and business requirements.
- Writes content creation creative requirements for digital consumer touchpoints (e.g., paid search, landing pages).
- Manages relationships with third party vendors, suppliers and partners as necessary.
- Evaluates and contributes to ongoing optimization of marketing campaign strategy and customer touchpoint effectiveness specifically in the digital space.
- Analyzes data, reports results and provides insights and recommendations.
- Maintains promotional calendar and provides promotional recommendations.
- Conducts testing (e.g., email, promotion code), as assigned, to ensure accuracy and readiness for distribution and troubleshoots and resolves promotion code issues to support Customer Service and the business.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related business degree or equivalent experience
- 2 to 5 years of experience in consumer marketing/product marketing, advertising, public relations, or business communication on either the client or agency side.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Self-starter who asks questions, learns quickly and challenges status quo
- Think creatively to develop sound recommendations and solutions to achieve strategic business goals through analytics, analysis and intuition
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills
- Experience in development and delivery of business presentations
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing functions and concepts (e.g., digital marketing, brand positioning, market research, SWOT Analysis, competitive assessment, consumer segmentation)
- Understanding and ability to apply basic financial concepts (e.g., revenue, cost)
- Effective cross-functional team leader or project manager
- Ability to evaluate and understand go-to-market decisions from a consumer’s perspective
- Ability to interpret consumer trends in order to design, create or evaluate new products and merchandising opportunities
- Takes proactive approach to seeking self-improvement
- Ability to travel up to 10%