Leave of Absence/Accommodation Analyst III
Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Inc. company, has an exciting opportunity for a Leave of Absence/Accommodation Analyst III to join our highly talented team. This role will be a key business partner to all Shutterfly, Inc. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture, and the ability to directly impact our business. In this role, you’ll have the immediate opportunity to help us implement our new leave of absence/accommodation software which will be crucial to shaping the future of our leave processes.
Provides services to Shutterfly, Inc. employees and applicants assuring consistent application of disability-related federal and state laws and company policies, contracts and procedures.
Provides support and oversight to HR Managers and Business Partners in the evaluation of employees and applicants with respect to the Interactive Process and identification of Reasonable Accommodation when their work is impacted by a medical condition, pregnancy, illness or disability.
Provides advice, consultation, recommendations and policy interpretation to HR Managers and Business Partners on disability management issues, including the Interactive Process, Reasonable Accommodation, Fitness for Duty Examinations, Reassignment and Medical Separations. Handles highly confidential and sensitive assignments that involve substantial complexity and require collaboration with disability administration vendors, HR managers, HR business partners, Legal, managers, supervisors and/or healthcare providers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Handles more complex assignments associated with the leave of absence and accommodation functions
- Supports the implementation of leave of absence and accommodation policies and programs
- Supports the day-to-day administration of leave of absence and accommodation programs
- Provides direction in primary areas of expertise
- May provide functional advice or training to less experienced benefit positions
- Leads/participates in [LB1] case management review meetings (HR, WC and Legal)
- Analyzes and develops policies and procedures related to leave of absence and accommodation functions[LB2]
- Creates reporting mechanisms for interactive process requests and end-of-leave process.
- Stays current on legislative and legal requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Functional certifications preferred
- 5 to 8 years performing an HR role with responsibility for leaves of absence, disability management and workplace accommodations
- Experience administering FMLA and multi-state leaves (e.g., CFRA, state pregnancy disability leave, qualifying exigency leave) and reasonable accommodation requests
- Current and working knowledge of FMLA ADA and similar state laws and regulations
- Case management experience in disability arena
Other Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of human resource functions related to disability management including leave of absence administrations (HRIS and payroll), along with evolving technologies, and best practices related to disability management
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to handle sensitive conversations appropriately
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and effectively handle sensitive medical information with discretion
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures while analyzing complex issues in order to make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to assess the required skills and competencies to perform essential job functions and evaluate the functional limitations of an employee in order to generate ideas for possible reasonable accommodations
- Excellent attention to detail, active listening, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills