Area Operations Manager (Citrus Heights)
Shutterfly Lifetouch, LLC is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business. Respect, integrity, teamwork, and passion are at the core of what we do.
Some opportunities are picture-perfect.
It’s time to discover the benefits of working for a supportive company that values positivity and rewards hard work. At Lifetouch, you’ll be respected for your professionalism, motivation, and ability to consistently deliver results. If your vision is to work for a respected industry leader, we are ready to support you.
Area Photography Operations Manager -
This position is responsible for providing leadership for all aspects of the area’s photography operations priorities, staff, and equipment to ensure high-quality photography, Picture Day execution, and customer service metrics and resolution. This position is accountable for all area photography and operation functions, which may include Underclass, Seniors, Commencement, Sports and Special Events.
- Provides leadership to all area photography and operations to ensure successful execution of all functions including: implementation of photography programs, photographic quality, photography schedules, equipment management, productivity, scheduling, operations procedures, host facing, customer service, account retention, and territory budget.
- Staff planning, seasonal workforce planning, hiring, onboarding, employee retention, training and development, supervising and coaching staff, performance reviews, regulatory compliance, executing and monitoring established goal objectives, payroll reporting, policy interpretation and implementation, employee relations, and day-to-day performance management.
- Works closely with the Regional Director of Operations and the Regional Photographic Operations Manager to ensure the area is aligned in all company processes and procedures with effective use of resources, identifying opportunities to strengthen area performance, and executing improvement initiatives.
- Manages the area budget (both fixed and variable) in collaboration with Field Finance and the Area Sales Manager; regularly monitors performance and takes prompt, corrective action as appropriate.
- Responsible for the best utilization of company resources and maximization of productivity for high-quality, positive Picture Day experiences - including the utilization of the Picture Day Report Cards as a data point for performance feedback, development, and improvement.
- Provides direction and guidance to Operations Manager/Supervisor from booking process through APO/job setup, data management, and production tasks as well as customer service in congruence with standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Provides direction to Photography Manager/supervisor for the management of photographic quality and photographer feedback programs; employing techniques that build the teamwork required to support business needs in congruence with standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Ensures execution of the following: photography and operations training and initiatives, territory and company updates, both employee and account retention initiatives, and employee recognition. Ensures participation in all eligible company programs.
- Accountable to metrics related to operations and photography.
- Collaborates with the Sales team and Service Center/Photo Ops team to ensure positive and productive working relationships
- Demonstrates care and concern for workplace safety and health by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with all Company policies within the Region.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require traveling to various territory or satellite offices (up to 60%).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience working in a multi location operational management position.
- Experience with managing a remote workforce is a must
- Proven experience with managing a seasonal business and hiring/training seasonal talent.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience setting and executing strategic plans.
- Proven ability to hire the best talent and coach direct reports to do the same.
- Can effectively set priorities for self and others in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to influence positive outcomes.
- Proven track record of managing and effectively leading through change
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Proven computer skills including using Google platform and Microsoft office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong Financial acumen and ability to manage a budget plan.
- Ability to travel locally and for some Corp trainings and events
What We Offer:
- Competitive base pay plus commissions
- Exceptional culture
- 401K, health benefits and paid time off being Day 1 of employment
- Gas card and/or mileage reimbursement
- Company phone, Tablet and laptop
- Shutterfly discounts