Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a Photographer to join our team.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Produces candid photographs of school events, activities, and special occasions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain effective communication/relationships with the customers, students, school administrators, advisers and editors.
- Produce candid photographs of school events, activities, and special occasions.
- Follow designated assignment schedules to organize and conduct appropriate sessions or shoots.
- Select, set up and operate cameras and equipment for varied conditions of inside and outside photography.
- Travel to sites to meet timetables, events and customer requests.
- Ensure that all equipment, supplies and materials are adequate for the assignment.
- Refer unusual situations or cancellations to supervisor, appropriate personnel or customer.
- Log media.
- Review images for quality level under the direction of the candid department trainer.
- Assist with other department/company functions as needed.
- Prepare and submit time and expense reports and other records, documents required by procedures on a weekly basis.
- Maintain and repair cameras and equipment within trained job knowledge.
- Candidate will need to have prior experience in event photography.
- Candidate will need to have their own professional photo equipment, Body, assortment of lenses
- Be available for evening and weekend assignments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have valid drivers license. Background and Child Abuse Check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children preferred
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Willing to work a varied seasonal schedule including early mornings, late afternoons
- Accessibility to reliable insured transportation to reach assigned locations. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with state law