Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Inc.company, is looking for a talented UX Designer to join our new and growing UX team.
The UX Designer will collaborate with Product Management and Engineering on problems that require outstanding practical experience and theoretical knowledge of both design as well as business.
This individual will energetically sketch both on paper and whiteboards as a means of rapidly exploring ideas with colleagues on cross-functional teams. The UX Designer will conceptualize innovative solutions, create user experience specifications, workflows, and mockups, and provide expert evaluation of intangibles as well as develop well-crafted design artifacts.
This UX Designer role is highly visible within the organization. The expectation is that you should be able to evangelize your ideas and provide leadership for the overall design vision and execution of your products. This role is expected to make significant contributions to organizational objectives directly affecting the user experience and our products.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with Product Management, Business, and Engineering to conceptualize new products and improve existing solutions.
- Creates innovative design solutions to solve customer problems on desktop, mobile web, and native apps.
- Creates user experience wireframes, specifications, mockups, and interactive prototypes.
- Creates high fidelity visual documentation with annotations and assets.
- Transforms and applies data gathered through user experience testing and marketing.
- Proactively learns about Lifetouch’s business, culture and customer segments.
- Works with the other members of the design team and the Product Management organization to define and evolve Lifetouch’s design language.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Visual Arts, Media Arts & Sciences, Industrial Design, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, or similar or equivalent related experience
- 2-5 years of experience in user experience design, preferably for B2C
- Experience designing compelling, user-centered solutions