Help Desk Technician
As a member of the Help Desk team, the Technical Support Representative, fields inquiries from end users to answer questions and resolve technical issues. Acting with a sense of urgency, they provide excellent customer service to ensure expected services levels are achieved or exceeded.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs equipment (e.g., camera, props, computer) kitting/assembly and shipping support for Preschool business line.
- Provides technical (e.g., computer, camera, lighting, proprietary software, hosted solutions, telecommunications) support to employees, logging issues accurately and escalating, as necessary.
- Uses call tracking software efficiently and accurately to document calls.
- Provides professional customer service by answering call promptly, speaking clearly, checking for understanding, offering solutions or additional assistance, and working efficiently.
- Demonstrates clear and timely communication to the end users and within the team.
- Analyzes issues to determine root cause and implements fixes to minimize operational interruption.
- Performs equipment repair or maintenance work.
- Takes initiative to resolve internal customer experience issues, in a customer-focused manner.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Creates and maintains documentation for user support, troubleshooting and reference.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Post-secondary education, preferred.
- IT function specialty certification (e.g., A+, Network +), preferred.
- 1-2 years in technical support function or related experience.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Ability to work a varied schedule including days, nights, holidays and weekends, as needed, as well as a rotating on-call schedule.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry), including Microsoft Outlook.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- Good project management skills.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Takes initiative.
The physical requirements described here must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties and responsibilities.
When performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat, climb, kneel, crawl, twist, balance, reach, use hands and fingers to perform repetitive tasks and assemble/disassemble equipment. The employee must be able to frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds (and occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds).