Accounts Receivable Specialist
LIFETOUCH NATIONAL SCHOOL STUDIOS
Cash Handling Specialist
In accordance with company money handling procedures, this position is responsible for safeguarding and properly handling money as they check-in money bags and review them for accuracy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhering to all company Cash Handling and PCI policies.
- Counts, endorses, and encodes currency and checks by using specialized equipment.
- Reviews, records and resolves any variances between the pay package count and the money envelopes received.
- Prints receipts and prepares deposit slips for the bank.
- Documents deposit information on the money report.
- Maintains confidentiality of school/student related information.
- Tracking of spec and/or proof package collection via tracking tool.
- May be responsible for the following tasks including, but not limited to:
- Collecting money bags from secure drop boxes regularly, and checking-in the tamper-proof money bags as they come into the Accounts Receivable Room.
- Reviewing money bags for accuracy.
- Opening money bags and separating currency, credit card confirmation payments, and checks received from customers.
- Sorting currency by amount/denomination.
- Documenting any issues or discrepancies.
- Bundling checks and cash, placing the bundles into the appropriate money bags, and securing and organizing money bags in appropriate locations (i.e. Vaults).
- Monitoring and organizing accounts receivable room inventory supplies and notifies supervisor in a timely manner of supplies needed.
- Providing clerical support necessary including computer knowledge and use, typing, filing, photo copying.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Basic technical and computer skills.
- Ability to learn and operate a computer, calculator, currency scanner, high speed currency counter and coin sorter.
- General math skills and accounting/reconciliation skills.
- High level of accuracy.
- Ability to handle high volume of work and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Posted Dates – 5/13/19 – Until Position is filled
Current Lifetouch employees: in addition to having a record of satisfactory performance and attendance with the company, employee must have worked in his or her present position for a minimum of six (6) months (or one full season) to apply for an internally posted job opening.
To apply for this position, first discuss you interest with your current supervisor. You will need to complete an internal job application (located on IHub) and obtain your supervisor’s signature. Go to http:\\app.jobvite.com and upload your information.
Lifetouch is an Equal Opportunity Employer