Cash Handling Supervisor
Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a Cash Handling Supervisor to join our team.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Supervises the cash handling process, cash handling employees to ensure efficiency, quality, and productivity-related to cash handling operations.
- Functional Accountabilities:
- Money Counting
- Cash Posting
- Variance/Unpaid Reports
- School Commissions
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Cash Handling Specialists who handle cash, including the check-in process, reviewing and recording variances, deposit preparation, documentation and web-cash posting. Ensures efficient operations of the staff by continuously assessing the effectiveness of daily tasks, through reviewing the accuracy of deposit records and following up with employees to clarify any incomplete or unclear entries.
- Coordinates and assesses the cash application resources to provide adequate coverage for all tasks, as well as oversee the correction and follow-up on all cash reports, such as unpaid and unposted deposits.
- Reports account receivable errors and training opportunities to Territory Manager and Photo Manager in a timely fashion.
- Manages the accounts receivable database. Researches and resolves discrepancies. Gathers data and prepares various reports. Tracks departments’ productivity levels, summarizes the status of the department for management review.
- Verifies school commission rates per package in the Vision database match the contract. Orders school commission checks in accordance with school portrait agreement and/or work order commitments.
- Acts as the liaison between the local financial institution and the area office.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities including, but not limited to, staffing, on-boarding, training and development, establishing goal objectives, and partners with Territory Manager and Human Resources on employee relations and performance management. Works with Territory Manager to establishes measurements to evaluate individual and team performance and employs techniques to build the teamwork required to support the business needs.
- Participates in photographer training in all areas regarding accounts receivable.
- Monitors the scheduling of money pick-ups from schools and other Lifetouch offices.
- In conjunction with LNSS guidelines, assists the Territory Manager in compliance with company cash handling and banking procedures for the area. Ensures that very strict procedural compliance is achieved in concert with high productivity results. Communicates current and future changes to all employees affected.
- Complies with Cash Handling policies and procedures
- Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modeling all safety rules and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- 2-year degree and 2 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven supervisory experience including, but not limited to, staffing, on-boarding, training, and development, establishing goal objectives
- Proven computer skills including using spreadsheet applications, word processing and some form of a database.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.