Director, Field Staffing & Reporting
The Director, Field Staffing & Reporting, drives developing and implementing labor model design for schools, studios, preschool and church, providing ongoing reporting against these models, developing photographer staffing plans to understand hiring needs, and leading the design, testing and implementation of photographer scheduling tools in collaboration with Field Operations, Finance, and Human Resources. The Director, Field Staffing & Reporting also manages and leads the field operations reporting strategy, design, and ongoing execution in providing field leadership metrics and tools to drive key performance indicators.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Developing and implementing labor models for schools, preschool, church and studios that ensure appropriate levels of customer service while providing field operations labor practices/standards to execute against and supporting reporting to drive accountability for executing to the prescribed model.
- Directing the field reporting function and developing appropriate key performance indicators, collaborating with Field Operations and Data Management on new reporting needs, managing the process to prioritize new development work, and leading the process to execute ongoing existing core field facing reports.
- Developing and providing primary leadership of annual staffing plan process across Lifetouch field organizations, including assisting Field Operations in developing seasonal hiring plans to determine the number of staff needed, and collaborating with Field Operations and Human Resources in developing and executing ongoing reporting against hiring objectives.
- Developing, testing, and implementing photographer scheduling tools and practices that provide standardization and simplification and drive efficiency in photographer scheduling processes.
- Providing analytical and key metrics trends leadership to field operations and providing support in identifying field based performance opportunities.
- Identifying and providing support for initiatives to drive labor cost efficiencies.
- Safe guarding all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
- Managing and leading a team including providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance feedback, giving recognition and communicating effectively.
- Monitoring and evaluating individual and team performance.
- Employing techniques to build teamwork in support of business needs to drive results.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting Field Operations in developing best practices for driving accountability in performance to labor models.
- Collaborating with Finance teams on annual budgeting and ongoing forecasting of field labor expense.
- Performing other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or related field or equivalent related experience in financial or analytical field.
- 10+ years in financial modeling and analysis, preferably with experience in labor modeling, staff planning and employee scheduling platforms/tools.
- 5+ years managing and leading direct reports.
- 2-4 years of experience in managing complex projects.
- 2 - 4 years of reporting experience, including experience with leadership of field reporting development and process.
- Working in a cross-functional environment.
- Experience in staff planning and supporting employee scheduling platforms/tools preferred.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to, work with a field organization.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and financial software/database. SAP/ ERP knowledge, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and advanced problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and challenges.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative.