Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Manager:
Lead all sales activities in all product lines resulting in annual growth and account retention that meet or exceed sales plans in assigned area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs all sales activities in the area by assigning sales targets and goals. Ensures adequate sales coverage to ensure existing and new customers receive a consistent, positive message from Lifetouch
- Partners closely with Territory Managers and Lead Photographers/Managers to ensure entire area is aligned in all processes and procedures, identifying opportunities to strengthen performance and ensure strong execution of picture days
- Leads, role models and executes the Sales Disciplines consistently
- Advance an extensive CRM database to further sales goals and customer relations
- Utilizes regular feedback to coach and manage performance expectations
- Develop and facilitate relationships with school Superintendents, School Boards and Board members, etc to ensure Lifetouch is best positioned for new and continued business.
- Utilizes sales data to manage area goals regarding new business and retention. Identifies opportunities to strengthen sales and enforces performance improvement initiatives.
- Provides public recognition of sales successes
- Accountable for the sales portion of the budget, and strong understanding of Profit and Loss budgeting
- Embraces and implements company Sales and Marketing tests. Ensures sales reps are fully trained to obtain meaningful test results.
- Carries out leadership responsibilities including, but not limited to, supervising and coaching team, on-boarding, training and development, establishing goals, employee relations and day-to-day performance management in partnership with Territory leadership
- Establishes measurements to evaluate individual and team performance and employs techniques to build teamwork required to support business needs. Conducts formal performance reviews on all sales employees.
- Represents the company at trade association meetings to promote products
- Conducts weekly meetings to provide the sales team with updates on new and existing products, marketing programs, sales techniques, new styles, etc
- Motivates sales team to continue producing results in accordance with the strategic plan
- Ensures active participation of all sales reps in Company-sponsored sales blitzes, contests and initiatives. Manages reporting to company to ensure full compliance with sales programs
- Provides individualized sales coaching by riding with sales professionals on a frequent basis
- Demonstrates care and concern for the safety and health of self and others by promoting and modelling all safety rules and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum General Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of leadership experience including sales management and managing a sales team of 8 or more field sales reps
- Proven sales success
- Proven ability to lead and effectively manage change
- Sales methodology experience (Sandler preferred) is an asset
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Strong problem solving
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Full use of dependable, insured automobile
- Ability to travel
Visit the Lifetouch Career Site https://jobs.jobvite.com/lifetouch, type in the position of interest and click apply!