District Sales Manager
Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a District Sales Manager to join our team.
Lifetouch Portrait Studios, a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Summary: As a District Sales Manager you oversee the management, operations, photography, and sales execution of 16 - 22 photography studios to deliver profitable growth. This position serves an important role in driving performance and achieving district goals in the areas of sessions, sales, customer satisfaction, photography, and profitability (labor margin). You will ensure the execution and compliance of company processes and expectations. As the manager and leader, you will recruit, hire, develop, lead and inspire a team of managers, as well as 60 - 150 Team Members (plus Seasonal Team Members), that successfully achieve desired business results. DSM’s are expected to represent the district and Lifetouch in a professional and positive manner while demonstrating concern for the safety of our customers (infants, children and adults) by following established safety procedures and practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures profitable growth of your assigned district by:
▪ Driving business results to increase sessions and sales to meet or exceed district goals.
▪ Increasing market share by implementing sales growth strategies including local studio marketing initiatives.
▪ Promoting business by ensuring all studios deliver exceptional photography and service to increase customer retention and referrals.
▪ Reviewing photography and available reporting to identify opportunities and develop studio- specific action plans to improve performance.
▪ Ensuring all studios within the district meet or exceed photography expectations in accordance with company standards to meet the customer’s needs, the company’s quality and variety expectations, and to maximize sales. Provide photographic training and coaching when applicable.
▪ Managing and control all district expenses (e.g., labor, supplies).
▪ Providing input to the Regional Sales Director on field execution strategies.
- Fosters positive host relationships by partnering with host store management and communicating as appropriate.
- Promotes an environment of teamwork and accountability to deliver studio and district goals.
- Executes business processes (e.g., studio visits, sales process, service recovery, performance management) in accordance with LPS procedures and expectations.
- Provides and models remarkable customer service to retain and acquire new customers. Responds to and resolves customer service issues in a timely and professional manner. Coaches Studio Managers and Team Members to deliver same level of service.
- Ensures timely execution of all administrative and compliance processes/requirements.
- Manages and leads a team (2 or more full-time equivalents), including providing day-to-day work direction, sharing performance feedback, giving recognition and communicating effectively.
- Monitors and evaluates individual and team performance.
- Employs techniques to build teamwork in support of business needs to drive results.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages studio closures & openings, as business needs dictate.
- Conducts district and team meetings, as directed or scheduled.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent related experience.
- 4 - 7 years management in retail, photography, and/or service industry; a minimum 2 years multi-unit management, strongly preferred.
- Driving sales with a proven track record of growth (e.g., account/sales acquisition).
- Managing accounts or working with a host store partner, preferred.
- Managing expenses in alignment with a budget.
- Analyzing and reporting results.
- Managing and leading direct and indirect reports.
- Working in a cross-functional environment.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Takes accountability for performance and results.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills (including written and presentation skills).
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Acts with integrity and professionalism.
- Takes initiative.
- Must live within district boundaries, preferably in a high volume market within the district.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.