Cash Handling Specialist
Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a Cash Handling Specialist to join our team.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
In accordance with company money handling procedures, this position is responsible for safeguarding and properly handling money as they check-in money bags and review them for accuracy.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhering to all company Cash Handling and PCI policies.
- Counts, endorses, and encodes currency and checks by using specialized equipment.
- Reviews, records and resolves any variances between the pay package count, and the money envelopes received.
- Prints receipts and prepares deposit slips for the bank.
- Documents deposit information on the money report.
- Maintains confidentiality of school/student related information.
- Tracking of spec and/or proof package collection via tracking tool.
- May be responsible for the following tasks including, but not limited to:
○ Collecting money bags from secure drop boxes regularly, and checking-in the tamper-proof money bags as they come into the Accounts Receivable Room.
○ Reviewing money bags for accuracy.
○ Opening money bags and separating currency, credit card confirmation payments, and checks received from customers.
○ Sorting currency by amount/denomination.
○ Documenting any issues or discrepancies.
○ Bundling checks and cash, placing the bundles into the appropriate money bags, and securing and organizing money bags in appropriate locations (i.e. Vaults).
○ Monitoring and organizing accounts receivable room inventory supplies and notifies supervisor in a timely manner of supplies needed.
○ Providing clerical support necessary including computer knowledge and use, typing, filing, photo copying.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Basic technical and computer skills.
- Ability to learn and operate a computer, calculator, currency scanner, high speed currency counter and coin sorter.
- General math skills and accounting/reconciliation skills.
- High level of accuracy.
- Ability to handle high volume of work and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Cash Handling Specialists
- Operations Specialist
- Territory Manager
- Territory employees