The Graphic Designer I is responsible for the design and execution of branded materials and assets used in various forms of advertising, collateral and support materials. This position will design for a variety of marketing channels (e.g., web, ecommerce, email, print, social) and ensure projects are on-trend, relevant in the market, within brand standards as well as aligned with business strategies to effectively drive results.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with schools and sales field to develop unique yearbook design themes for a variety of products
- Lead one-on-one creative sessions with schools during yearbook workshops or webinars to aid in the creative development process and experience
- Creative problem solver: define challenges, collect relevant information, draw insightful conclusions
- Production design; modifies existing art files to create versioned print collateral
- Demonstrate a high taste level and creative ability
- Responsible for accurate delivery of design / production files to internal and external manufacturing partners
- Understand technical design requirements for the manufacturing of yearbooks
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to assist in developing marketing programs that drive business results and customer engagement.
- Ability to work diligently and efficiently
- Review and analyze yearbook samples in detail
- Manage file preparation
- In partnership with manager, prioritizes work to ensure timelines are met and deliverables are on-brand, on-trend and accurate.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field or equivalent related experience.
- 0-2 years in graphic design working in an agency or in-house corporate environment preferred
- Print and publishing experience
- Degree in Design, Fine Art or similar degree or equivalent experience
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
- Engaging interpersonal or customer relationship skills
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks on a day to day basis and evolve role as required by the needs of the team
- Strong project management, time management and organization skills with a proven ability to balance and execute against multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong digital and hand-drawn illustration capabilities
- Experience in designing for publishing embellishments and applications such as foil stamping, silkscreen, embossing/debossing, die cuts and lamination
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment but also excels at working independently
- Strong attention to detail and proven ability to problem solve
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Yearbook (or comparable) publishing experience is an advantage