Facilities Project Coordinator (Temporary, PT)
Shutterfly Inc. is looking for a Facilities Project Coordinator (Temporary- PT 20 hours per week) to be the Project Coordinator for multiple key projects. This role reports to the Director, Facilities Management.
At Shutterfly Inc., we’re all about people — bringing them together, making them feel welcome, and connecting them to experiences. We make our customers’ memories last a lifetime by capturing, preserving, and sharing them through photography and personalized products. Through our family of brands, trend setting products, cutting edge technology, and best in class customer service, we help our customers, and each other, share life’s joy.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Within the Shutterfly Facilities team, the Facilities Project Coordinator provides functional and budgetary project support services across multiple facilities capital improvement projects. The Project Coordinator acts as the Facilities advocate, accurately representing and communicating information to cross-functional teams. This role will actively solicit and triage issues and risks from all process participants, effectively crowd-sourcing awareness of challenges, then route them to the proper team or manager and track each to resolution. He/she is responsible for ensuring coordination and communication on the various projects, identifying and raising project delivery issues, and providing accurate/meaningful views of project status.
· Represent and advocate on behalf of Facilities on cross-functional project teams, effectively understanding and communicating impacts of decisions
· Coordination of multiple, simultaneous activities, and utilize financial, technical skills and coordination talents to liaison projects between Facilities and Steering Committee.
· Understand the interdependencies between facilities, finance and business needs
· Proactively confront misaligned expectations and drive necessary communication to bring all parties into alignment with minimal documentation
· Ensure that the scope, business case, objectives and success metrics for projects are well defined, understood, measured and reported effectively
· Work closely with key team members to create project budgets, schedules, collect task data, and maintain updated status reports.
· Identify and raise project delivery issues and risks for mediation, resolution or escalation to the appropriate level on a timely basis.
· Assist team on-time delivery of projects and programs
· Provide up-to-date, accurate, meaningful views of project status
· Conduct project post-mortems and continuous improvement sessions
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary course work or associated degree in facilities or business fields preferred
- 2 – 5 years of experience with managing multiple projects
- 2 – 5 years of experience providing administrative or executive level support
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Experience overseeing third party contractors and assisting in facilities projects preferred
- Project management preferred
- Ability to work with all levels of employees within an organization
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize workload