ETL Support Engineer
Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Company, has an opportunity available for an ETL Support Engineer. In this position, you will partner with offshore support staff to provide hands-on support to monitor, schedule and troubleshoot critical ETL processes that feed into an on-prem Operational Data Store that supports key reporting activities for our school’s business. In addition to support activities, this role will also have opportunities to get involved in smaller project work requests developing ETL leveraging Oracle Data Integrator and supporting report development in Power BI. As a member of the Lifetouch Data warehouse team, you will also have an opportunity to help progress our transition to the cloud thru the AWS technology stack.
- Develop and support ETL jobs within the data warehouse application environment
- Troubleshoot and analyze complex production problems related to source data
- Assist with customer support queries, such as data integrity and validation questions
- Perform root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Partner with offshore support resource to manage transition and triage of issues to provide effective and timely support to customers
- Recommend changes/enhancements to resolve recurring production incidents
- Support ETL and report development activities for service requests and/or small project activities
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems or a related technical discipline is required
- 2+ years of data warehouse support and development experience
- 2+ years of ETL programming experience with tools such as: Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator, Talend, etc.
- 2+ years of database experience; relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Oracle, Postgres, and Cassandra.
- Understanding of ETL best practices.
- Intermediate experience reading and writing SQL
- Experience with Unix scripting languages (Korn, Pearl, C Shell)
- Strong debugging and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- JIRA/Confluence experience preferred
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience developing reports or visualizations with BI and reporting tools like: Tableau, Qlik, Pentaho Business Analytics, Power BI, etc.
- Experience with Python scripting
- Experience with cloud hosting technologies like: AWS, EC2, Redshift, etc