BI Application Developer
The BI Application Developer role is to develop and implement business intelligence tools and reporting for business users that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis report generation. This individual will provide technical support in the development of enterprise BI Solution, including dashboard reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop dashboard reports from relational database
- Identify best practices to communicate metrics through dashboard; recommend enhancements
- Analyze available data, identify and recommend best sources for building reports
- Work with business users to gather specifications for data and report requirements
- Identify data sources to extract business information for reporting purposes
- Coordinate with the data warehouse team on additional data marts to support dashboard reporting, including coordination of data validation with business users
- Assist business users with self-service report development, including training support
- Assist with the development of key performance indicators, including sourcing data requirements
- Assist with the implementation of performance scorecard and metric management to business users
- Document business definitions and audit reporting compliance to business metrics
- Coordinate release updates to the QlikView server
- Maintain report run times, ensuring that reports complete on time and successfully
- Troubleshoot technical issues with QlikView applications and server
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, Information Systems, or related field
- Advanced SQL
- Minimum two years experience working with data warehouses
- Three to five years related experience plus two years experience developing within business intelligence systems.
- Experience working with business intelligence tools such as: QlikView (preferred), Oracle, Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, and Microsoft BI
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to gain system-wide perspective in order to develop and implement new processes from disparate data sources
- Strong problem-solving, analytic, conceptual and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter with detail orientation; persistence and ability to work independently to drive execution
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Effective listening and communication skills and ability to provide essential information to stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Experience training and supporting business users in a self-service business intelligence environment.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org