Product Analytics Manager
The Manager, Product Analytics will partner with Lifetouch’s Product Management team to identify, define and answer key questions, providing actionable insights that can drive Product Innovation and Optimization. The individual will ensure the correct measurements are defined and instrumented. The individual will also be responsible for analysis when projects launch. This role requires an individual with strong analytical skills, eCommerce or similar experience, excellent communications skills, and ability to synthesize and simplify complex issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as data and analytics platform expert and process owner, leader, and motivator on a cross-functional team.
- Answers key product questions: defines analytics approach, retrieves and manipulates data needed to perform analysis, and delivers actionable insights to Product Management team.
- Builds and maintains domain expertise in relevant data sets and identifies what data is critical to capture. Creates a process to ensure new project launches with proper tracking.
- Collaborates with Product Managers in developing A/B test plans for new features and workflows.
- Creates, maintains, and publishes KPI Dashboards for Product Management team; automating and enabling team members to self-serve whenever possible.
- Establishes collaborative working relationship with business partners across departments; coordinates with other Analysts; participates and shares findings with the broader Analyst community at Lifetouch and Shutterfly.
- Coaches and mentors the product analytics team in goal-setting, effectively writing specs and user stories, prioritizing requirements, analyzing product data, and developing product strategies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Fosters a spirit of team unity across product management, design, engineering, and QA and with team members across multiple geographies.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10 or more years of progressive experience in finance, strategy consulting, internet marketing, decision support, or related field
- 3 or more years of management experience
- Thorough understanding of Internet and Mobile App data collection and metrics. Should be able to relate to standard marketing and ecommerce metrics like conversion rates, response rates, lift, ROAS, and ROI
- Proficient with SQL (or able to learn very quickly); Excel power user; experience with Adobe Analytics or another web analytics platform; Tableau or Power BI knowledge desired
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable presenting to all levels of an organization and to different stakeholders
- Detail oriented with ability to independently validate / triangulate data and analysis
- Proactive with an interest in improving processes and creating efficiencies
- Curious about what drives business trends; demonstrated capacity to learn, intellectual honesty and independent thinking
- Must be comfortable with unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment
- Passion for excellence and continuous improvement
- Collaborates effectively with cross-functional teams and business partners
- Motivated, dynamic, strategic and results-oriented
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence