Lead Software Engineer
Shutterfly's purpose is to help share life’s joy. Shutterfly has over 10 million customers, we process over 26 million orders yearly, and host over 40 billion photos. The Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS) division is looking for a stellar Lead Software Engineer to join the team in Tempe, AZ.
What is Shutterfly Business Solutions (SBS)?
- Approximately $200M in annual business and the fastest growing segment at Shutterfly which gives it a start-up feel within our successful business
- Drive the sale, creation, and implementation of enterprise printing solutions.
- When a leading healthcare provider needs to communicate by print with its 115+ million customers, they contact us!
- Each communication is unique; therefore, each creation, development, and implementation are different.
- Every day brings a new opportunity to be creative, passionate and impactful!
What more should you know? As a team, our beliefs are…
- Delight our Customers
- Can Do! and Ownership Mindset
- Pragmatic approach to software development
- Passion for technology
- Commitment to incremental delivery
- Thrive in a fast growth environment
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will play a key role in the development, drive, and delivery of software solutions for customers ranging from Fortune 10 companies to small businesses.
How will you make an impact?
- Hands-on development in Java technologies (Open Source Java, Spring Boot, Angular, MySQL) working in a test-driven development environment
- Influence the Technical Requirements Definition Process
- Partner with the development team to map technical requirements into architecture and technical design tasks, plan releases and deliver on commitments
- Collaborate with core SBS teams on shared services such as Infrastructure, Security and Operations
- Perform performance and scalability analysis
- Oversee a small development team; responsible for mentoring, monitoring team performance, and inspiring them to continue their career journey here at Shutterfly
Your success will be because you have…
- 8 years of overall software development experience
- 5 years of hands-on experience in Java Stack (Open Source Java, Spring/Spring boot)
- Experience leading a development team
- Strong experience developing effective APIs and REST/SOAP web services
- Deep understanding of server-side and middle-tier technologies such as relational databases/SQL
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- BS in Computer Science
It is helpful, however not required…
- Agile SDLC/Kanban/XP processes
- Microservices and Distributed architectures
- Modern technologies such as Java/Angular/DevOps/Cloud/Web
- Led/Managed offshore Software Development Teams
It this aligns with your career goals, skills, and experience, we want to work with you!