IT Support Manager (L2 Application Support Engineer Manager)
We are seeking an L2 Application Support Manager to join our team of committed IT professionals. Shutterfly is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
This position is responsible for overseeing the team responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the application systems in operation, including tasks related to monitoring, identifying and troubleshooting application issues and issues resolution or escalation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Level 2 Application Support Engineering staff.
- Set up training for the Level 2 Application Support Engineering staff, when new software releases are being deployed into Production.
- Assist the Level 2 Application Support Engineering in performing their daily activities, as needed.
- Partner with Application Development and Lab Engineering teams on identifying root cause issues and necessary fixes.
- Identify gaps in existing support procedures and work instructions, then collaborate with other teams to fix them.
- Assist with seasonal readiness tasks and product testing of new software releases.
- Attend daily stand-ups and manufacturing huddles to learn about new production issues.
- Ensure IT support processes are being followed.
- Ensure issues are being escalated through the ServiceNow ticketing system.
- Articulate to peers and leadership teams what impact existing production issues have to the business.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field or equivalent related experience.
- 10 or more years in specific IT function
- 5 or more years in a supervisory capacity
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with business partners and other IT teams; including the ability to collaborate and influence others within IT and across the organization.
- Must be an independent thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have technical background or understanding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Ability to manage the work environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to ensure jobs ship out on time.