Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative plays an important role in growing sales by contacting and qualifying marketing-generated leads as well as prospective customers. This role partners with the sales professionals and field management to drive results and capitalize on sales opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies and properly qualifies business opportunities and qualified leads to consistently achieve or exceed calls/day expectations via dialing software for assigned territories/areas.
- Coordinates sales appointments for sales professionals.
- Acts as point of contact for inquiries for assigned accounts and responds accurately in a professional and timely manner. Escalates inquiries/issues as appropriate.
- Presents programs and business solutions to prospective identified decision makers that meet their needs and align with their goals. Addresses and overcomes concerns or objections in a professional manner.
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, commissions and discuss execution and collection process, prepare sales agreements.
- Collaborate and communicate with Sales Support Specialists and local territories to optimize the schedule and profitability.
- Acquires, applies and demonstrates industry and technology knowledge to build credibility and trust with potential customers.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity, value and corporate commitment to excellence.
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) and power user for customer relationship manager (CRM) system.
- Partners with Manager, Inside Sales to identify new sales growth opportunities (e.g., regional and national accounts) and determines corresponding strategic approach. Assist Area Sales Manager on growth and execution strategies.
- Safe guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make outbound follow-up calls to communicate utilizing email and product demonstrations.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED. Post-secondary-education strongly preferred.
- 1 - 2 years in sales and /or customer account service/support or sales prospecting/sales cycle management.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Strong computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry), including Microsoft Outlook and basic Excel. Salesforce experience, preferred.
- Knowledge, and prior use of Salesforce, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening and presentation).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously.
- Takes initiative.