The Salesforce Developer (Systems Software Engineer) works with business and IT resources on timely and effective delivery of Salesforce requirements. The Developer is responsible for supporting all aspects of Salesforce including architecture, configuration, customization and implementation of applications and third party integrations. Role also includes collaborating with internal stakeholders and team members to build solutions in Salesforce.com that support business requirements of multiple business lines and processes for continuous improvement. In addition, this role manages the process of implementing improvements and new functionality in Salesforce.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Defines technical architecture strategy, partners with development teams and subject matter experts, and provides guidance on all Salesforce-related projects to ensure compliance with development standards and best practices, as well as alignment with business needs and priorities.
- Advises on and supports the full project life cycle, including analysis, design, development, deployment, and post-deployment, following Agile methodology.
- Coordinates and oversees development efforts to ensure alignment on and readiness for successful deployment.
- Designs, develops, tests, documents, and deploys high quality business solutions on the Salesforce platform based on industry best practices as well as business needs.
- Collaborates with others (e.g., technical staff, business analysts, thirty party/vendors, subject matter experts) to ensure on time and accurate delivery of complete work products.
- Develops, assembles, and maintains a library of model documents, templates, best practices, and other re-usable knowledge assets.
- Collaborates with technical resources, subject matter experts, and stakeholders regarding solutions, status, technical issues, scalability, and priorities.
- Researches integration issues and works closely with Operations and development team to reach resolution in a timely and accurate manner or escalate as appropriate.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoots and quickly solves problems, as well as fixes reported defects to ensure proper functionality.
- Provides technical support for business systems in response to outages.
- Acts as liaison, between IT functional unit and cross-functional project teams, and participates as project team member.
- Researches and keeps current on new functionality and technologies, including Salesforce prototypes and applications to identify opportunities for enhancements that better meet or address business needs.
- Encourages and facilitates continuous improvement within the Salesforce environment.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent related experience.
- Salesforce Developer certification.
- 7+ years in software development, developing and designing applications.
- Designing architectures to meet requirements utilizing technologies across application tiers:
- API use and development (e.g., REST, SOAP)
- Relational database (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, no-SQL databases), preferred
- Cloud Services & Developer Tools
- Mobile applications development, preferred.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Salesforce.com developer, including Lightning components.
- 2+ years in technical architecture.
- Working in a cross-functional environment.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skills working with Salesforce.com data structure and how to meet complex process and reporting requirements.
- Strong technical knowledge of the business specific functional/operational areas and IT technologies involved
- Ability to design, prototype and assess architecture solutions.
- Knowledge of data privacy issues and laws.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and challenges.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Agile experience
- Takes initiative.