Data Scientist Internship
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business. Respect, integrity, teamwork, and passion are at the core of what we do.
We are seeking ambitious students with exceptional academic records to participate in our top-of-the-line internship program.
An internship at Lifetouch provides a challenging and rewarding on-the-job experience in a highly collaborative work environment. We have multiple internship positions available, and welcome applicants to articulate in a cover letter which area best aligns with their skill set and interests challenging and rewarding on-the-job experience in a highly collaborative work environment
- Work under a mentor relationship with BI/Data Science professionals to gain direct and relevant experience in the following areas: Data Science, Business Intelligence, General Business Knowledge and Personal Professional Development Skills.
- Work on critical project focused on solving a business challenge. Create a presentation using various media and present to the business leadership teams. Specific subject will be determined in collaboration with your mentor.
- Data Extraction, Management, and Cleansing (40%)
- Identify sources for data needed to solve research and business problems.
- Manage the data and work with data cleansing algorithms to improve the fidelity of the data.
- Develop Business Analysis and Prediction Solutions (40%)
- Work with team members to identify appropriate approaches / algorithms for solving specific predictive or analytic problems.
- Test and validate that the solutions result in meaningful and correct conclusions for the business problem.
- Provide Recommendations for Business Problems (20%)
- Understand business situations and problems.
- Identify and recommend Data Science solutions that can be used to solve critical business problems.
- If you are going to be a Junior or Senior from an accredited graduate or undergraduate program- currently enrolled in a Business Intelligence or related field of study
- Experience with Data Science software packages and languages - Python, R, SQL and data visualization
- Software Development experience a plus
- Critical thinking and effective strategic reasoning skills
- Natural learner and problem solver
- Collaborative coordination and time management
- Capacity to work under pressure while observing high quality standards
- Fluency in English language
- Excellent communication skills: written, interpersonal, presentation
- Previous experience is a benefit but not required
Employment Dates: June 3rd- August 22nd 2019
About Lifetouch and Shutterfly
Learn more about our company culture by visiting careers.lifetouch.com.
See how we celebrated our 80th Anniversary at our annual Summer Sales Rally. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O94PhaAbrxg
Intern Highlight Videos: http://bit.ly/1Yw59xV