Lead Systems Architect
We have a key opportunity for a Lead Systems Architect to join our team.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
We are seeking an experienced Lead Systems Architect to join our team of talented and highly dedicated IT professionals. If you are passionate about problem-solving and innovation, this is an excellent career opportunity for you.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in business requirements sessions and in the development of use cases.
- Produces detailed functional design document to match customer requirements (applying UML).
- Produces technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Leads the customer feedback and UAT sessions.
- Analyzes and designs enhancements and fixes to applications based on beta testing and rollout learnings of the solution when implemented.
- Partners with server, database, networking and project or cross-functional teams throughout the development lifecycle.
- Creates and maintains documentation of existing and new system architecture and the associated technology portfolio.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partners with appropriate cross-functional representatives through the solutions implementation to ensure requirements are met and functionality works as desired and defined.
- Acts as a subject matter expert/technical resource, provides guidance, and shares technical expertise with other members of the team.
- Builds technical knowledge (of self and others), specifically related to applicable emerging technologies (e.g., AWS, Cloud) in support of application development and integration efforts and makes recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or equivalent related experience.
- IT function specialty certification(s) (e.g., AWS Solutions Architect, Oracle Certified Master, Certified Scrum Coach), preferred.
- 8+ years in software development developing and designing applications in various architectures.
- Demonstrated functional requirements development and working directly with stakeholders.
- Designing architectures to meet requirements utilizing technologies across application tiers:
- Client-side (e.g., JAVA script, HTML, CSS)
- Application framework (e.g., Spring, Grails, Hibernate, MVC, and CMS systems)
- API use and development (e.g., REST, JSON, XML, SOAP)
- Relational database (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, no-SQL databases)
- Queueing and workflow (e.g., JMS, AWS SQS, Rabbit MQ, )
- Third-party systems integration (e.g., Exact Target, Groupon, Vertex, payment gateways)
- Web Servers (e.g., Tomcat, Apache, Nginx, Varnish)
- Working in a cross-functional environment.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Expert technical knowledge of the business specific functional/operational areas and IT technologies involved
- Solid understanding of SOA and enterprise integration patterns.
- Ability to design, prototype and assess architecture solutions.
- Knowledge of data privacy issues and laws.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others at all levels of the organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Advanced analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and challenges.
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work.
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change.
- Takes initiative