Sr. Data Engineer
Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Company, has an opportunity available for a Senior Data Engineer. In this position, you will be responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that will be used for reporting and analytics with tools like Tableau and Power BI. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. Our Senior Data Engineer strives to continuously develop new and improved data engineering capabilities as well as mentor and cross train existing team members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads architecture design and implementation of next generation cloud-based data warehouse solution.
- Builds and delivers high quality data architecture to support business analysis, data scientists, and customer reporting needs.
- Models, implements and maintains a variety of data sets used in reporting and analytics.
- Interfaces with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Translates business needs into technical requirements using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds strong relationships; collaborating and influencing others within IT and across the organization.
- Leads establishment of standards/best practices supporting targeted architecture.
- Executes proof-of-concept activities to best understand what options solve the business problems.
- Keeps current with technology and contribute towards IT blueprint, frameworks and technologies that would benefit us and improve our productivity as a team.
- Mentors other team members and perform professional code reviews.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering) or equivalent related experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in one of the following areas: Data engineering, business intelligence or business analytics.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets.
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Oracle, Postgres, and Cassandra
- Experience with ETL Tools: Informatica, Oracle Data Integrator, Talend, etc.
- Excellent Python programming skills
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and Data warehousing
- Experience with analytic reporting tools such as Tableau and Power BI
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, EC2, DMS, EMR, RDS, Glue, Athena, Kinesis, Redshift
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Azkaban, Luigi, etc.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology