Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a Content Strategist to join our team.
Lifetouch Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business. The Content Strategist role is responsible for developing the content strategy based on our company's business objectives and the end user needs of our customers and hosts as well as executing copywriting and editing needs for multi-channel marketing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with internal stakeholders to craft effective content strategies connected to business strategy.
- Creates content pieces that are both on brand and effective.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Creative teams to ideate and iterate on messaging and content.
- Ensures that content meets business and creative objectives and aligns to our brand guide.
- Optimizes copy for multi-channel marketing including website, blogs, email, social media, direct mail and print.
- Monitors industry trends and adjusts the content strategy as needed.
- Monitors and measures messaging with customers and hosts to seed and validate that our messaging is clear, compelling, and relevant to our audience.
- Organizes, modifies and updates existing content.
- Informs the look, feel and presentation of content in partnership with the design team.
- Continually uses insights gained from data and analytics to increase customer engagement and retention.
- Governs writing guidelines and consult on writing best practice.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Content Strategy or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of experience in content strategy, development, copywriting and editing
- B2C and B2B experience
- Experience writing effective SEO and SEO-driven content, strong social media marketing knowledge
- Ad agency or corporate in-house experience
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Ability to both think big and take action - this role is a mix of strategy and execution
- Self-starter who is able to run with projects, stay organized, and hit deadlines
- Master storyteller, backed by strong business acumen
- Experience using user research to craft compelling messaging
- Demonstrated ability to function in an agile work environment