Director of Merchandising
Lifetouch, a Shutterfly Inc. company, has a key leadership opportunity for a Director of Merchandising to join our team. The Director of Merchandising will be responsible for merchandising across the enterprise at Lifetouch, including our schools, preschool, studio, and church business lines. This role leads the merchandising team, reporting to the VP of Marketing and Merchandising.
This role is responsible for the Lifetouch enterprise-wide merchandising strategy to maximize profitable sales and results for Lifetouch merchandising initiatives. This role will work with the host and consumer marketing teams, photography development, product, and other teams to achieve goals. Success in the role requires excellent leadership and cross-functional communication experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively defines and manages consumer merchandising activities and assortment strategies for the business across all channels. This includes detailed analysis, prioritization, and optimization of opportunities.
- Leads a team and partners with cross-functional leaders to align merchandising, photography, brand and pricing and promotion strategies to drive revenue growth and enhance and align the Lifetouch consumer experience.
- Leads efforts and strategies to support standardization and revenue growth, using data to drive decision making.
- Actively partners with consumer marketing to ensure optimal performance of pricing and promotion against margin.
- Works collaboratively with vendor and brand partners to maximize the approach of on-trend products, promotional and pricing strategy for the assigned category placement.
- Leads planning share-outs with cross-functional work partners and achieves buy-in on proposals.
- Utilizes test-and-learn strategies, working with market research and consumer insights and analytics, to drive strategic pricing decision making.
- Utilizes analytic skills and key metrics to make fact-based merchandising and pricing decisions.
- Through leading by example, creates a test and learn culture with a nimble approach to marketing and merchandising processes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) in Business or Marketing, or equivalent experience
- MBA or master's level education preferred.
- 12 or more years of marketing and merchandising experience
- 5+or more years of management experience
- Experience in merchandising with a thorough knowledge of marketing principles along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance
- Experience in strategic marketing/merchandising plan development including forecast development
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities)
- Outstanding analytical skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity and creativity, and the ability to engage with other senior leaders in addressing complex business issues
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proven team leadership and mentorship experience
- Experience in strategic planning and collaboration with senior leadership
- Ability to create clear action plans
- Advanced problem-solving abilities