Area Sales Manager (Buffalo, NY)
We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our high performing sales organization. The Area Sales Manager (ASM) will be key to executing sales strategy to drive the growth and shape the culture of the Lifetouch sales organization in a new model with direct reporting to sales. The ASM will execute the strategy of the transformation of the sales teams into a High Performance Sales culture by embedding the sales enablement initiatives including the launch of Salesforce and by utilizing the Sandler Consultative Sales theory.
Key Priorities for the Area Sales Manager Include:
- Execution of the prioritization of prospects and customers using our predictive ranking analytics.
- Career-pathing and development of the sales team- driving a true performance sales culture of rewards and recognition
- Executing the Go-To-Market strategy which includes the deployment of Hunter and Farmer roles, Account Coverage models and Partnership with our highly successful Inside Sales team
Position Scope and Responsibilities (Includes budget responsibility, locations supported etc.)
- This role will be leading a team of 8-10 sales pros and account managers
- Approximately $10-$20 million in annual sales
- This role reports to a US Regional Director of Sales
- Takes responsibility for decisions and actions and establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
Communicates and Collaborates Effectively:
- Develops and facilitates relationships with school Superintendents, Directors of Curriculum, School Boards and Board members, etc to ensure Lifetouch is best positioned for new and continued business.
- Represents the company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Works cooperatively with others at all levels across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Proactively valuable information to others across the organization
- Encourages a culture of the open dialogue to share diverse ideas and perspectives
Drives Activity Which Lead To Successful Sales Results:
- Utilizes sales data to manage area goals regarding new business and retention. Identifies opportunities to strengthen sales and enforces performance improvement initiatives.
- Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully
- Ensures active participation of all sales reps in Company-sponsored sales blitzes, contests and initiatives. Manages reporting to company to ensure full compliance with sales programs.
- Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
Develops High Performing Teams:
- Drives a high performance sales culture by leading and coaching teams, recruiting top talent, on-boarding of new hires, training and development, establishing goals, employee relations and day-to-day performance management
- Establishes measurements to evaluate individual and team performance and employs techniques to build a culture of teamwork required to support business needs.
- Creates professional development plans and leads formal performance reviews for all sales employees.
- Builds strong team morale- Fosters open dialogue and encourages team collaboration
Drives Vision and Purpose:
- Creates organization-wide energy and optimism for the future
- Shows personal commitment to the vision, creates milestones and symbols to rally support behind the vision
- Conducts weekly meetings to provide the sales team with updates on new and existing products, marketing programs, sales techniques, new styles, etc.
- Provides individualized sales coaching by riding with sales professionals on a frequent basis.
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years proven success in a sales capacity with 3+ years of sales management experience, managing a team of remote outside sales professionals
- Salesforce- CRM experience, Salesforce preferred as Lifetouchis in the process of implementing Salesforce nationally
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of managing and effectively leading through change
- Strong leadership, problem solving, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Full use of dependable, insured automobile
What We Offer
- Competitive base pay plus bonus
- Exceptional collaborative, high performance culture
- Professional development
- 401K, health benefits and paid time off effective day one of employment
- Car allowance
- Shutterfly discounts