The Sales Professional sells directory services to churches, helping them achieve their growth and membership outreach goals. The Sales Professional connects with existing and prospective accounts to understand and address needs, promote products and explain the directory process to key decision makers. The Sales Professional represents Lifetouch in a professional and positive manner.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains account base in the assigned geographic area by connecting with both existing and prospective customers and promoting pictorial directory services, ultimately achieving sales targets in accordance with company objectives.
- Establishes and maintains sales in assigned area by developing and delivering customized sales presentations, both in-person and remotely; identifies key decision makers, builds relationships and facilitates the sales process from initiation to close.
- Utilizes direct mail campaigns as appropriate.
- Assesses account needs through online research and conversations with key decision makers.
- Develops and delivers sales presentations based on the needs of the account, both in-person and remotely.
- Ensures all customers receive a consistent, positive message from and about Lifetouch.
- Demonstrates knowledge and expertise by clearly explaining up-to-date product and service offerings.
- Uses customer relationship management (CRM) system to efficiently and consistently document sales process, track contacts, as well as update data in a timely and accurate manner, with attention to detail.
- Analyzes assigned sales area and keeps manager informed of plans, progress and challenges with regard to the achievement of individual and team sales goals.
- Partners with service and operations functions, as well as other sales team members, to ensure customer needs are met.
- Safe-guards all customer, employee and company proprietary and personal information ensuring customer and employee data is kept confidential at all times.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in company-sponsored meetings to review sales performance, product development, sales goals, and profitability.
- Participates in routine team calls and one-on-ones with manager.
- Performs other projects or miscellaneous duties as requested or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years selling experience
Other (knowledge, skills, and abilities):
- Demonstrated ability to sell, influence, and negotiate.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., navigation, data entry), including Microsoft Office and CRM (Client Relationship Management) experience
- Strong communication skills, including presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Detail oriented in the execution and follow-up of work
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability manage, prioritize as well as balance and execute against multiple projects/priorities simultaneously, working efficiently
- Takes initiative
- Ability to effectively manage and lead change
- Salesforce.com database experience preferred
- Experience working with church market preferred